Monday, June 2, 2014

Whirlwind strikes Spokane!

Monday
Leaving Spring Canyon we traveled across more Scabland. Fairly flat, straight roads general agriculture, nothing fancy. Stopped for coffee at a town I think is called Wilbur at a Cowboy CafĂ©, full of thirties artifacts, whether original or bought in we couldn’t work out. A small place, but full, where as I walked in the door I felt that everyone stopped what they were doing and turned and stared. If there had been a piano there it would have stopped I am sure. Still the staff were pleasant and we had a nice drink before moving on.

We pulled into Spokane, The Alderwood Resort, rated 9.5 by Good Sam, rated 0 by us. The sites were 8ft wide, our trailer is 10ft wide with the slide out, so it was very tight, we had to  alk through the next door site to get in our door. Still I did see some Waxwings,  which is a new bird to me. I didn’t get a really good shot of one as the damn things keep moving! 
This was a one night stop and we had lots of jobs to do. Sally had her hair done, I shopped at Safeways, filled up with petrol, Sally did the washing and she cut my hair I found the post office and picked up mail and we had time to eat out at the Golden Corral before leaving for our next one nighter. (that was the whirlwind bit).

No comments:

Post a Comment