Saturday, April 12, 2014

Rich Feels Unwell.

Rich and Debra went off early to weigh in for  weightwatchers, they have done so well, each having lost more that forty pounds in the last year. Then we rolled up our sleeves and went to work on breakfast. We met them at Country Waffles in Dublin. Sally managed a fried breakfast while I had a short stack of pancakes with strawberries, whipped cream, butter, maple syrup and bacon. Because it is a well know waffle house I figured I had better try the waffles, so I had a half waffle as well.
That kind of finished me for the morning. Rich and Debra were expecting their Grandson, Kyle, for the weekend, so we all had a bit of a play with him and then went for a walk to the local parkm down on the Bay shore. This park has a jogging path, complete with a trim track. It was a very pleasant walk. Saw a family flying one of the kites I had seen in the chinese kite shop the day before, looked very nice. On returning home rich began to feel unwell and disappeared off to bed. Amid our sympathy was the always present, but unspoken, thought. Is it something he ate or a bug.? If it's something he ate, did I eat it too? If it's something he caught, did I catch it too? Is he just the vanguard for sentry duty in the bathroom? Well after sleeping for half a day Rich seems to be improving, thank goodness and no one else is feeling bad, so tomorrow may be a better day. Palm Sunday!
We had planned to eat out at one of the diners shown on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, but with Rich feeling unwell we stayed home and ordered in a pizza, which was great fun alongside the ice cream and chocolate sauce.
Sally is working hard on recovering from our flight and managed a bit of a sing with me this evening, which was wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment