Thursday, April 10, 2014

San Francisco

Although not actually in San Francisco it seems a good generic place name to use. We arrived yesterday at SFO airport after a very smooth flight, . It  was very nice to emerge into the warm spring air, even though we were held up for an hour at immigration. We picked up our rental car and found ourselves upgraded from a compact car to a minivan (MPV), very nice, but will eat the juice.
We arrived at our good friends Rich and Debra to a great welcome. Then a  good nights sleep was appreciated.
Today we relaxed and did a bit of organizing. I have pressed my old Samsung into service and subscribed to Lycamobil ove here. I was hoping that it would provide us with mobile broadband , but no. So I set that up with another company, Millenicom.
This afternoon Sally and I ventured out into the warm sun to look in Walmart for clothes, which we found. After a lovely beef brisket meal we sat and watched 'The Princess Bride', which is apparently very popular in The USA, but unheard of in UK.

1 comment:

  1. "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

    ReplyDelete